propane range
what is one of the better propane ranges? No natural gas where I live.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Get whatever you want. Virtually all natural gas ranges can be bought with a conversion kit.
Mike

Non impediti ratione cogitationis
We are also on propane and have no noticeable differences on our appliances. The conversion is usually done by the dealer when purchased or can be easily done afterwards. The issue is that propane has slightly higher BTU's per cubic foot so less gas is needed for good temperature control.
Yup most all appliances come with a bag of jets to convert it to propane. Very easy to do. Waterheaters don't do that though at least not the ones I have seen.
chips ahoy said:

what is one of the better propane ranges?

Mel

The very best ranges have the highest BTU output which can be controlled to a gentle simmer. There are distinct price points in ranges, the <$2000, the <$3500 and then everything else. If you are a culinarian who truly enjoys cooking, has or is building a prized kitchen then the range is a focal point and you already know which you need. If you are like most folks a range is a simple appliance so check for a sale.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
I was just looking at DCS by Fisher and Pykel (sp?). They have propane ranges. Some pretty nice ones if you are willing to pay in the $10k range.

Pedro
I miss nested quotes..........
PedroOhare said:

I was just looking at DCS by Fisher and Pykel (sp?). They have propane ranges. Some pretty nice ones if you are willing to pay in the $10k range.

Pedro

Pedro
If I had the money would do that, I do a lot of cooking but am stuck on a budget so basic 5 burner with self clean convection oven I white is what I am after. Hate stainless steel. Thanks guys.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
The F&P cooktops and ovens are nice. Helped a friend install a cook top and double oven we picked up at an appliance store cheap cause they were displays. Been in there for 10 years now and still work like new and work very well. However their dishwashers are the totally opposite end of that stick.

Personally I'd like to go with one of these in our next house. But commercial units have issues when used in residential. They are cheaper than made for home commercial units but they have pilot lights less insulation etc. They can't be against wood cabinets etc.

www.acemart.com/restaurant-equipment/cooking-baking-equipment/ranges/gusto-propane-gas-lp-commercial-restaurant-range-gus6br-p/prod211615003.html