opinions on these used jointers
ive been hurtin for a jointer since i sold my old one 5 years ago(cash strappage sucks).seriously lookin as i have some cash and projects comin up that will start from roughsawn.
i miss starting from roughsawn.
but im also lookin to keep price reasonable as i have other new tools to purchase.
lookin at these 3
https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/tls/5324621309.html

https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/tls/5330532796.html

https://toledo.craigslist.org/tls/5334557842.html

im my mind tne delta would be the best choice, but then i had a grizzly and it was pretty good.
ive read old craftsman was good and remeber my dads old 1950's craftsman tools still running great in the 70's

why in the hell did i give myself choices!!!
how bout some opinions from ya's.
I have the same grizzly that is listed. It has been a solid user with no trouble at all. The most I would pay it though is about $150.
Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

That Craftsman doesn't have an adjustable outfeed table, which would make it a non-starter for me.

Either of the other two would be a good choice, IMO. I'd probably take the Delta over the Grizzly, but that's just based on familiarity with Delta machines from that era and earlier, and it's the big brother of my 4" Deluxe Long Bed that I bought new when I was in high school (in the early 70's).
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
To emphasize what Tom said: I had one of those Craftsman models: you do not want it! (I gave mine away). The stand on mine was quite different, but the same basic machine. I don't have a choice between the other 2, they seem pretty comparable. I'd look at travel distance, the chance of talking one down in price and stuff like that.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
My vote is the Delta. Might even have longer tables.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
Go with your instincts. Get the Delta.
I have the predecessor of the Griz, it was marketed as a "RAM" but it's the same frame, not sure about the motor though. I've had the darn thing for about 24 years, and just can't let it go. I'll use my larger jointer to face joint, but darned if that little 6" doesn't edge joint as well as it can be done. All that said 220 is kinda steep, offer 125, and see where it gets you. Read my sig line

Knowing what I know about mine, I'd never go for that newer Delta, it's from the junk tool era.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I used a Cman like that as weight in the back of my truck. Gave it to a scrapper.
Same reason as Tom for the Delta.
Same here go with the delta. Best looking one of the bunch too. The craftsman one I have used one like it and wouldn't pay more than $50 if I really needed a jointer. The griz is one of the older ones. Had an older griz table saw and was glad the day it sold. Quality is much better now with grizzly.
I had the craftsman years ago and could never keep the front table co-planer with the back table. Adjustments are at the 4 corners and neither I nor the Sears guy could get right and have it stay that way more than a couple uses. (See a pattern here?) I got rid of mine very quickly and bought a Delta long bed jointer which was light years better than the Craftsman. A decade or longer later I sold the Delta to a Woodnetter when I bought an 8" one but even at some 35 years old, it worked like a charm. Ken