Modern interior styling... I don't like it.
I see a very old house there, not a new one. I also think it is a timeless look. The plumbing fixture and doorknob make me think that this house is very old.
Mike

Non impediti ratione cogitationis
K. L, McReynolds said:

You flipping the house or are you gonna live there?

Staying about 15 years.. or less
Estrogen Hostage said:

I see a very old house there, not a new one. I also think it is a timeless look. The plumbing fixture and doorknob make me think that this house is very old.

I'll betcha a buck those are plastic cabinets.
I am completely dismayed that people don't like wood grain. I see nice oak kitchen cabinets that the owners say they are going to paint white. Ugh. I guess everyone likes the look of white painted MDF landlord special cabinets.

I had to fight tooth and nail to get the wife to agree to maple kitchen cabinets for a future renovation. She wanted white paint and said cherry was too dark. We compromised with maple. Crazy.
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
Snipe Hunter said:

[blockquote]K. L, McReynolds said:

You flipping the house or are you gonna live there?

Staying about 15 years.. or less

[/blockquote]

15 years? Then definitely do what pleases you because the next owner is likely to tear out whatever is there.

John
The only thing with color is that anemic green plant.

I like a little color.
Axehandle said:

I am completely dismayed that people don't like wood grain. I see nice oak kitchen cabinets that the owners say they are going to paint white. Ugh. I guess everyone likes the look of white painted MDF landlord special cabinets.

I had to fight tooth and nail to get the wife to agree to maple kitchen cabinets for a future renovation. She wanted white paint and said cherry was too dark. We compromised with maple. Crazy.

I like maple and unstained cherry. Maple isn't for everybody because it tends to yellow. Looks great new but it isn't everybody's cup of tea. I would love to have a soft-maple kitchen but the wife won't go for it. I think we'll get a lightly stained cherry kitchen. I built the last one and it took a long time. I think I'll do the carcasses and face frames on this one and farm out the doors. I just priced unfinished cherry doors and they average around $42 a piece. I can't build them for that.
We went with subway tile and walnut cabinets. We gotten a ton of compliments on it. I can't seem to find a photo at the current time.
That marble's going to have a lot of staining.....
VH07V  
EightFingers said:

That marble's going to have a lot of staining.....

I'm considering quarts for the kitchen. Mostly because it's a lot less expensive than granite. Does it stain like marble?