Befuddled by an oven situation
Looking for a replacement oven and I am somewhat befuddled by the intersection of the choices and my needs. Let me explain and maybe you can point me in a direction.

I have a hole in the wall large enough for two wall ovens. The wife wants to be able to simultaneously bake a turkey and a casserole at two different temp. Or, simultaneously slow roast a pork shoulder and bake some scones. Sound like I need two ovens, right?

Complexity is that this is a small, small kitchen. I also need a microwave in this space. It can be a small microwave, but I need it. What I would like to find is a 1) a full oven 2) a real oven but with less height, something like a larger format toaster oven, and I have the microwave now. OR a double oven where oven 2 is both a real oven and a real microwave.

Best though would be a a full oven (turkey) a slimline oven (biscuits) and a microwave (whatever the kids want now).

What do you suggest?
MAKE: Void your warranty, violate a user agreement, fry a circuit, blow a fuse, poke an eye out...  www.makezine.com

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

how 'bout a wall oven with a convection microwave??

Do these really "toast"?
MAKE: Void your warranty, violate a user agreement, fry a circuit, blow a fuse, poke an eye out...  www.makezine.com

The one in the pic is what I'd be looking at. There are also ones with two ovens in one. One smaller than the other. Iirc samsung has a convertible oven thing. Pricey too.

Not sure if a turkey would fit in the small/big oven types as none of us like turkey if someone here wants it they can bake a turkey breast and take the leftovers with them or I'll toss it in the trash along with the pumpkin pie. Eww
Robert Adams said:

. . . or I'll toss it in the trash along with the pumpkin pie. Eww

Sacrilege. DW asked me just yesterday what my favorite food was and I told here pumpkin pie. And that was only because I didn't think of spritz cookies, that would make pumpkin pie the second favorite.

In fact, there's still half a PP in the fridge - I'm heading up for a big slice that will ruin my dinner. Thanks for the reminder.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Well if I end up with any this year I'll send them your way.

I smoke a couple racks of ribs in the small smoker and take some with us where ever loml has a layover for thanksgiving and smoke a brisket for most other holidays we are at home.
The samsung one Is the flex duo. Loml's sister has one and really likes it. She said it works well even if the temps are very different. It just has an insulated shelf you slide in and that turns on the two seperate oven controls.

Not sure if she has gas or elec. Our kitchen originally had gas. The PO put electric in. I gutted the kitchen and moved the oven. Saturdays project is to reroute the gas line under the house to the new spot. Course a 10' stick of pipe was 6" too long when I tested it and a friend had my pipe threader...

Have cooked on gas and electric and the best burner I have ever used is the single countertop induction burner I bought to use while the kitchen has been under construction. Quick to heat everything around it stays cool as does the kitchen stays dramatically cooler and very even heat.
Even after I get the stove hooked up I'll still use the induction one for most cooking especially in the summer. I rarely cook in the summer because it adds so much heat to the house for the ac to take back out.
Can you put a small range with an oven, say the 24" apartment size, in the garage? Prices start around $400.

http://www.sears.com/ge-24inch-freestand...pw6qhoCRarw_wcB
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

EatenByLimestone said:

Can you put a small range with an oven, say the 24" apartment size, in the garage? Prices start around $400.

http://www.sears.com/ge-24inch-freestand...pw6qhoCRarw_wcB

Sure! Right next to the pile of shavings on the west side or all the spilled smokeless powder on the east side!

I had a kenmore elite over range micro / convection . It worked very well.

sears

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.