Mighty Mag w/Quick Release
AgGEM's post showing the Mighty Mag reminded me what a useful tool it could be - for lots of things. And they are not expensive! Amazon Prime gets the Mighty Mag with Quick Release delivered in two days for $17.50. Might be the best stocking stuffer you get this year.

Lonnie
Care to tell us what exactly a mighty mag with quick release is?

I do like the small one as it is more useful for woodworking machines than the machinist style base.

As for amazon getting it there in two days... Well it won't get to me that quick if they keep using usps. They keep delivering my packages and others in the area to the wrong houses. An item shows delivered Saturday and I got nada. By teusday amazon can refund the purchase. Item shows up Thursday opened. Amazon said just keep it. And every time something is shown as delivered and isn't I'll keep having them refund it. It's the only way they will drop usps or get them to do it right. I wonder how much $ they dock from usps check for late and non deliveries.
It's a magnetic base that you can attach stuff like a dial indicator to.

Al
Some people are like a Slinky. Not really good for anything but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy. Blessed are the peacemakers.
Jeremy,
Here's a link:
https://www.westhoffinc.com/measuring-an...ighty-mag/
Robert,
I've had similar problems with our post office. I was tracking some equipment and online they showed it as delivered - it wasn't. I called our local post office and they said they always mark all the tracked packages as delivered before they go out for the daily run! Also, had a period of time where some of the companies we ordered from would ship thru FedEx who would then hand off the final leg to the USPS. We complained to the companies we did business with. Apparently, we weren't the only ones.
Robert Adams said:

As for amazon getting it there in two days... Well it won't get to me that quick if they keep using usps.

USPS won the contract for Amazon. That's why your mail is going to be late. According to our next door neighbor. She also delivers our/her mail.
Yeah they call it smart post.. Nothing smart about it. The real problem is for some reason they can't deliver packages to the right street. Letters are fine just packages. The amazon guy said to report it every time it happens and they don't like using usps either as that seems to be their #1 complaint.
Funny they thought amazon would save usps but it seems it may kill off amazon until they get their own delivery truck system doing more than a few small areas. The items I have gotten on time have had the delivery time at around 3pm ish which is when we normally get our mail so it looks like they aren't scanning it ahead of time like I have seen in the past. So it's being delivered but who knows where to...
You also need to file delivery complaints with the post-master at your local delivery source and higher up's if the local folks don't seem to care. You may have a great local branch with one donkey in the chain.

I've never had a problem with Amazon delivery by USPS or Fed-X Smart Post. With USPS Saturday and Sunday delivery, I kinda like USPS servive. The tracking info I get is just as good as Fed-X or UPS with the exact delivery time and location. This is Prime 2 day, regular "free" shipping could be erratic.
Mighty Mag at Amazoo
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW