Fine Woodworking Archive - $60
Fine Woodworking Magazine Archive 1975-2015 DVD-ROM

http://www.ptreeusa.com/edirect_120415_fww.htm
Thanks. I've been meaning to get digital archives of several magazines and toss a lot of paper.

I now need Shopnotes, Woodsmith and Wood.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
ok, quick question. I have the Fine Woodworking Archive up to 2012. Is it possible to just get the last 3 years ? Or how about just the last year ?
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Is this PDF?
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
MsNomer said:

Is this PDF?

I'd like to know that as well. I'm not interested in a format that requires a special player to display. I'd like to load a bunch on my tablet and be able to read them at my leisure.
chris
I'm not sure if it is a PDF format or not. I bought the 2013 version and it lives on my computer. There is a pretty nice interface that shows each month's magazine cover on what appears to be a library shelf, so you can just browse covers, click on a specific issue, or do a keyword search for specific topics. Off hand I don't know the size of the program, but if space isn't an issue, I'm sure the whole program could be loaded onto a tablet. It doesn't require the disc be inserted to play. I bought mine on sale at this time of year (Peachtree seems to have a tradition) and its a nice resource.
I would check with fww but I remember hearing someone on a podcast that they coulsnt view it on a tablet. Not positive but You should definitely get verification before you order if you plan to use it primarily on a tablet.
ed kerns said:

I'm not sure if it is a PDF format or not. I bought the 2013 version and it lives on my computer. There is a pretty nice interface that shows each month's magazine cover on what appears to be a library shelf, so you can just browse covers, click on a specific issue, or do a keyword search for specific topics. Off hand I don't know the size of the program, but if space isn't an issue, I'm sure the whole program could be loaded onto a tablet. It doesn't require the disc be inserted to play. I bought mine on sale at this time of year (Peachtree seems to have a tradition) and its a nice resource.

How do you start the interface? Did you have to "install" it?

thanks
chris
Wow...I just checked and my old version was 1975-2008... I might need an upgrade at some point. To the question about PDF I can only answer for the old version I have. Once installed it has a clunky piece of software as a user interface that has a search function, cover preview, etc. but a couple of layers deep in the installed program files there is a DATA/ISSUES file that has all the issues in PDF form. HTH
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
I don't believe it is a PDF DVD. I personally like the DVD very much. The search function takes a little getting used to, you have to have the correct search term to find what you want. I knew of a particular article and it took a while to find it using several words. If anyone likes FFW and is considering buying the DVD, don't hesitate. It's a worthwhile investment.

I installed the DVD to my laptop so I don't have to keep loading it. hmmm, wonder if I can resell it now,
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry