Help needed
My cousin is repairing a 100+ year old cabinet and needs a new door rail. I know there has to be an easy way but my mind isn't allowing me to figure it out. The material is paint grade and is 3/4" thick. The length of the tongue is 3/4" as well. The radius on the cove is 3/16". Any thoughts ?

I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Cuts of that type are made with a shaper using a bit with that profile. It's probably too big to use a router. Shapers of sufficient size to turn a bit of that size are large, powerful machines.
Howie.........
Hand tools and band saw. Cut the tenon with a tenon saw, then cut to cove on the bandsaw. You could cut the tenon on the table saw too, then do the one section on the bandsaw. The shoulders need to be good. The top and bottom of the cove needs to be good. You could scoop out some clearance in the cove with a chisel if needed. You could leave the cove and grab the clearance from the style, if it is easier.

Just a thought
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
Cut a mortise on the end for a loose tenon. Then cut the profile with the BS and files and/or sanding drums.. Insert loose tenon. Done.

John
I'm leaning more toward cutting the slot to match the tenon with either a slot-cutting bit in RT or on the tablesaw w/ a dado blade, and then matching the radius with a round-over bit...

Two pennies worth...

Dave
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Thanks everyone. I haven't decided which way to go, all are very viable solutions. Like I said, I need to think outside of the box.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry