Head lamp for WWing.
, I am considering using a head lamp while wood working now that my vision is not as acute as it used to be. Does anyone our there do that? What head lamp do u recommend? I have one from HF but would like to get a more powerful one. Any suggestions appreciated. Thnx.
The headlamp I like is this one.www.amazon.com/5000Lumen-Siensync-Waterproof-Headlight-Flashlight/dp/B016Q1G67W/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1449349959&sr=8-17&keywords=Headlamp

It's super bright and rechargable. Those are not AA batteries they are 18650 lithium cells. You can get spares but be careful. With the popularity of the e cigs now there are massive numbers of fake cells on the market. Some have a tiny battery inside and sand to make up the weight etc.

Probably overkill for what you want but I like it and it can be very bright if needed. Whatever you get make sure the batteries are rechargable.
I use a Energizer head lamp I got at Lowes for $10 or so.
Plenty bright for me.
I use a headlamp a lot, but so far never for ww. Plumbing and electrical always call for more light. So far all I have is Princeton tec. I have a couple of the APEX model. I like them a lot. Looking at the rechargeable ones
Talk to your eye Doctor. The use of a moving light, especially one attached to your head, and especially if you admit to having decreased vision is a bad idea. That moving light will act as a distraction to what you are doing. I'm not sure how you view it, but I don't like to be distracted when my fangers could get chopped off

You will be MUCH better with a better Rx on your glasses, and increasing the lighting in your shop in general. Yeah I know those caveman lights look and don't cost a fraction of what new specks, and lights will cost. I'll just ask one question about that........Have ya priced a new finger lately?
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Needing more light could be a sign of encroaching cataracts. Was for me. New lenses are terrific.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Robert Adams said:

The headlamp I like is this one.www.amazon.com/5000Lumen-Siensync-Waterproof-Headlight-Flashlight/dp/B016Q1G67W/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1449349959&sr=8-17&keywords=Headlamp

It's super bright and rechargable. Those are not AA batteries they are 18650 lithium cells. You can get spares but be careful. With the popularity of the e cigs now there are massive numbers of fake cells on the market. Some have a tiny battery inside and sand to make up the weight etc.

Probably overkill for what you want but I like it and it can be very bright if needed. Whatever you get make sure the batteries are rechargable.

Holy moly:

Wow, that's a beast.
chris
http://www.lightinthebox.com/others-4-mo...3078%7C519_8556
How about 6000 Lumens for $31
Wont be long before it affects driving if it is cataracts. Do to the eye Dr.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I had my electrician install a two tube T-8 bank of lights then entire length of my shop in 3 tiers. It is near-daylight int he shop. A better solution than headlights.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.