WTB: parting tool
I posted my WTB in the Swap & Sell section, but a member suggested I also post in the turning area, so here goes. If I should't have a WTB here, let me know and I will delete.

I'm looking for a good quality [Sorby, Crown, or similar] diamond shaped parting tool. 1/8" or 3/16". Just checking here if someone has one available before going to a store. Thanks in advance.
Just an FYI

We have both diamond and rectangular parting tools. but both of us flat prefer the thin kerf parting tool we got from D-way
Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that's more accident then design.
Shucks, you reminded me of a tool I don't have... Dave's parting tool, if I remember correctly is tapered a bit from top to bottom, which is better than just flat.

robo hippy
The D-Way parting tool has a 1/2" tang according to the website.

They offer a "1/2" - 3/8" Bushing" for sale to go with it.

What would you use a 1/2" - 3/8" bushing for on a 1/2" tang?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I talked to him and he wants a diamond tool and I pointed him here to see if anyone had an old or extra one.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I found a cheap new one for you at only $14.50

https://www.pennstateind.com/store/LX430.html

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

Hi again Arlin,
Yes I saw that one at PSI. When a tool costs that much less than the competition, I can't help but wonder what corners the manufacturer is cutting. But thanks for bringing it up. I wonder if any turners here have experience with the Benjamin's Best parting tool - maybe some folks could share their experience and opinions. It looks very nice on the website....Thanks. - Ken
Ken

They do have M2 steel in the tools but not as much as other tool makers have.

I like using them when my Learning tools are wore out from sharpening by the vets I teach. To me it is a good price for a learning tool or how to learn how to sharpen the tools.

Arlin

http://www.thewoodturningstore.com/categ...08c14c4c6ed6e55

I have a gouge from them and it is decent steel.

Twinn
Will post for food.
We have several BB tools, in general they are OK.

The steel is softer then "most" HSS, I know there was a metallurgy test a few years back that showed that some BB tools, although marketed as M2 HSS where not

One of our gouges is also not cut straight, rather the flute is off center.
Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that's more accident then design.