Rikon Bench Grinder 80-805 / 80-808?

I am reviewing low speed grinders and see WoodCraft has the ½ HP / Rikon 80-805 / 1750 RPM on sale at $99.00. Just wondering if anyone has one and what your thoughts of it. I know they also have the 80-808 ($219.00) that is the same grinder just it has 1 HP instead of the ½ HP and a light but I am not sure for the extra cost if I really need the extra ½ HP and light.
Unless you are doing some serious grinding, as in fabrication and not sharpening, 1/2 hp is plenty; I've never had any luck with the lights, they fall off and don't put much light on the action anyway, I prefer a secondary light myself.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Thanks for the feed back here is an interesting video I found from Tim Yoder on the grinder and setting up the wheels if they are not in balance.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...08538919,d.amc
Drifting off topic a bit, in that video Tim warns against overheating high speed steel (HSS) lathe tools. I thought that HSS wasn't harmed by a little heat (air quenching or something). Any comments from the WN brain trust?
Good judgement is the product of experience.
Experience is the product of poor judgement.
PaulC said:

Drifting off topic a bit, in that video Tim warns against overheating high speed steel (HSS) lathe tools. I thought that HSS wasn't harmed by a little heat (air quenching or something). Any comments from the WN brain trust?

It's very easy to burn (blue) HSS tools, I've done it many times.
Then you have to grind off all the blue SLOWLY and carefully, go a bit further to be safe, and reset your edge.
It sucks.
Grind lightly on a slower speed wheel, and water quench often.
"The things I make may be for others, but how I make them is for me." -Tony Konovaloff
"Have nothing in your house which you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." - William Morris
Okay, they will turn blue if they're heated past a certain temperature. I get that, but I *think* I was told that that did not affect the edge-holding in the same way as it does with 'regular' steels.
Good judgement is the product of experience.
Experience is the product of poor judgement.
You never want to blue your HSS turning tools if continually doing that you are not sharpening them. Always understood better to air cool HSS verus quenching in water. Having said that will see industrial grinders/cutters use coolant. Yes HSS does get hot while sharpening but if use a light touch not a problem.

Some in woodturning community say the ½ HP grinder does not accept all CBN wheels. Others say CBN wheels to heavy for that grinder but people are putting them on it.
Think Robo Hippy says bought the 1 HP model loaded with CBN wheels to use at demonstrations.

Fit & finish nothing outstanding on either Rikon grinder. Cannot say anything bad about a bench grinder coming with friable grinding wheels especially for only $100. I would want the 1 HP model to run CBN wheels.

To be honest can say fit & finish some time lacking on most China made consumer bench grinders. So buy locally and be aware of store's exchange & refund policy!

Biggest advantage of Rikon grinders come with white friable wheels. See K-Mart sells a WEN 8” 1750 no load RPM s bench grinder with white wheels too. Probably have to order & pick up at the store but would check on exchange/refund policy before buying. Product warranties not worth much!

http://www.kmart.com/wen-8-inch-slow-spe...mp;blockType=G1
Bill