Electric: help me not overkill this
  Re: (...)
I ran a 20-amp circuit to the storage shed.
I installed a 3-gang wall box inside for: a single-pole light switch for an inside 4' LED; a duplex outlet; and, a single-pole switch for an external motion sensor.
I finished the inside light and the outlets.
Need more material to run the motion sensor.

The manufacturer recommendeds a switch for the sensor--it stays on all the time UNLESS you really want to turn it off OR use the switch to change the sensor's timing.

Question:
Can I wire this last switch using pigtails coming off the receptacle OR do I need to run from the source like I did with the LED light switch?
Gary

Liberty, Self-Reliance, Self-Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
ServicePen 2014
  Re: Electric: help me not overkill this by Gary G™ (I ran a 20-amp circu...)
Off the outlet. Maybe 20 watts (assume motion sensor light is also led).
  Re: Re: Electric: help me not overkill this by srv52761 (Off the outlet. May...)
For the LED's single-pole switch, the whites are tied together and the two blacks complete the circuit.

What's the wiring pattern coming off the receptacle to the sensor's single-pole switch?
Gary

ServicePen 2014
  Re: Re: Electric: help me not overkill this by Gary G™ (For the LED's single...)
You have a black hot coming to one of the pair of screws on the side of the receptacle. Take a pigtail off the other screw on that side and feed your switch with it. Whites are all tied together.
Blackhat
Common decency is as rare as common sense. I figure there was only a finite amount of both made and its getting shared out among too many folks.

Re: Re: Electric: help me not overkill this by blackhat (You have a black hot...)
Easy-peasy; I wanted to be certain.
Thanks.
Gary

ServicePen 2014