Electric: help me not overkill this
I ran a 20-amp circuit to the storage shed.
I installed a 3-gang wall box inside for: a single-pole light switch for an inside 4' LED; a duplex outlet; and, a single-pole switch for an external motion sensor.
I finished the inside light and the outlets.
Need more material to run the motion sensor.

The manufacturer recommendeds a switch for the sensor--it stays on all the time UNLESS you really want to turn it off OR use the switch to change the sensor's timing.

Question:
Can I wire this last switch using pigtails coming off the receptacle OR do I need to run from the source like I did with the LED light switch?
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Off the outlet. Maybe 20 watts (assume motion sensor light is also led).
For the LED's single-pole switch, the whites are tied together and the two blacks complete the circuit.

What's the wiring pattern coming off the receptacle to the sensor's single-pole switch?
Gary

You have a black hot coming to one of the pair of screws on the side of the receptacle. Take a pigtail off the other screw on that side and feed your switch with it. Whites are all tied together.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Easy-peasy; I wanted to be certain.
Thanks.
Gary