My son's first turning
My 10 year old son has been really curious about my woodturning lately, and he wanted to do a project. I happened to have a 2x4 glue-up on hand, so we used it for practice. He did good!

I'm slow, but I do poor work.
And that's how it starts.

I can remember time with my dad in the shop was special time. I have also enjoyed working with my kids on projects. It's great, enjoy.

Doug
That is one great looking ornament. Is he getting the Nova lathe or are you buying him a new one. He did good was putting it mildly.
Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Haha! That's a good one. He won't be getting my lathe unless someone gives me a Robust or Powermatic.

I do hope he stays interested, though. It was fun spending some time with him--especially to be able to teach him something and have him actually pay attention the whole time!
Spending shop time with him is better than a new lathe any day.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
That is excellent! Better that the tv/internet. Some of the best times I have and have had are with my Dad and kids in the shop. Keep him interested!

Stan
Tell him I am proud of him and can not wait to see what he makes next. He did a great job and love the colors too.

You can show him this too.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Thanks, everybody. I passed on the good feedback to him and he swelled up with pride.