Grizzly Track Saw.
Anybody have one? Would love to hear some reviews.

Looks like good value. I'm not planning on replacing my table saw with it, main use would be to cut plywood. Also like the portability of it vs my current system of saw and full length zero clearance guides. Hauling around 8 foot long guide gets to be a drag.

Would be interested in hearing from anyone who has one.

Grouse
Was part of a fine homebuilding review a month or three ago. IIRC it was towards the bottom of the pack.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

Did the give it a "good value" rating or anything like that? I'm sure there are gold plated options that are better if trying to replicate table saw accuracy, but I'm not setting the bar that high.

Grouse
For occasional use the Grizz will be fine, if you are a pro or do a lot of work or want something for a lifetime, no.
An alternative is a homemade track for your existing saw. Check out You tube for some excellent examples.
Here is a comparison test. Grizzly is at the bottom of the pack, but the Makita is a bargain as well and scored exceptionally well: http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/track-saw-review/
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Hmmm. First thing that jumped out at me on reading that test (^^^) was that they didn't change the blades to isolate what part of cut quality was due to the blade. Kind of invalidates most of the test, unfortunately. I wouldn't even take one cut on melamine with a melamine-specific blade as obviously cut quality would suffer.

Makita looks like it's worth a look, but again the price ramps up steeply after the Girzzly. Hmmm. Lots to think about. Everything looks better than my circ saw with homemade guides though.

Grouse
Yeah gotta take reviews with a lot of bias... They will beat down a product that isn't a big name just because of a bad or poor blade/bit it comes with or other consumables. Gotta look past that.

The grizzly/shop fox one was originally sold in the us under the steppach brand which it seems is no longer available. It was sold in Europe prior to that as an affordable version of the festool which the festool is the affordable version of the mafell.

Usually the shop fox version is cheaper and not to mention better looking.

I have used it once and it seems decent. Good enough that I put it on my list for loml this year. With minor tweaks isn't can be even better.

Does anyone remember the worx track saw. It didn't look bad and it was made so it happened to fit the festool track. I haven t seen one in a long time now.
i've had makita and dewalt saws, and have shopfox, makita, dewalt and festool rails. There was a significant difference in feel quality of the shopfox rails vs. the rest. they are much lighter weight and seemed to be softer. i would assume this will carry over into the saws themselves. the makita and dewalt seemed very similar. the festool was nice in store, but i never actually used it. I was very impressed with the makita. i used it for a few projects and thought really hard about keeping it.. twice.
My Day Job
well, bye.
There is a forum for every topic in the world. Here is one dedicated just to track saws: http://tracksawforum.com/showthread.php?t=79
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
The Famous Grouse said:

Anybody have one? Would love to hear some reviews.

Looks like good value. I'm not planning on replacing my table saw with it, main use would be to cut plywood. Also like the portability of it vs my current system of saw and full length zero clearance guides. Hauling around 8 foot long guide gets to be a drag.

Would be interested in hearing from anyone who has one.

Grouse

If you don't like the zero clearance rail try this option. It uses an edge guide and folks on the tracksaw forum seem to like it.

EZ Smart Universal Edge Guide and Dewalt Saw

Watch
Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.