Window stool
Any idea where I can get maple window stools? I have come up empty handed in my area.

Thank you,
Herb
I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder for me to find one now.
I bought a window stool router bit and made my own. I strongly advise that you look into it.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Wont likely find them... I'd go with the router bit also. I make my own on just about every job.
-who?
You will have to make them yourself. I can't find anything other than mdf anymore and have never seen or heard of maple ones.
I ended up making them at my mothers house. She used to have real nice casing around the windows (4.5" wide trim), but my grandfather cut it all down in the 70's and put up panel board. he put up very narrow trim, and clipped the sides of the stool. Of course the stool was thick stuff you can't get anymore-- it was 1.5" thick. I made new ones out of 2x4 stock--planed down. I didn't know of this stool router bit-- i did it with 2 bits... woulda been much easier with this bit!

Colin
Baird Bros. has it. I bought some stock a couple years ago, and cut the back side notch on the table saw.

http://www.bairdbrothers.com/Hard-Maple-C743.aspx