a little nostalgia over "cordless" tools
I recently acquired some of my father's tools (passed away four years ago).
I was going through this old tool box last night and it was an unexpectedly emotionally charged experience as I recalled that my earliest memories of my father are of him using these two particular tools.

A "cordless" screw driver and a "cordless" drill.

They do not use electrical power, but do require brute strength and skill, both of which my father had plenty.

Link to a minute long video of these two tools-
cordless tools

Those who hang out in the Hand Tools Forum would appreciate those memories. Both the tools you showed are still available - either as vintage tools or as new production. Store them in a special place to honor the memory of your father.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I have the same "cordless" tools by the same method. I am 70; my dad was more of the power tool guy so I have always been under the impression he got them from his dad who made wagon tongues to supplement his small dairy business.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
In addition to the brace and bit, and the egg-beater type crank drills (including a nice 2-speed jobby), my Dad had a pair of these. They were the first power drill I ever used, and I used it a lot. Extremely handy.

Bits stored in the handle.

Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
DogwoodTales said:

I recently acquired some of my father's tools (passed away four years ago).
I was going through this old tool box last night and it was an unexpectedly emotionally charged experience as I recalled that my earliest memories of my father are of him using these two particular tools.

A "cordless" screw driver and a "cordless" drill.

They do not use electrical power, but do require brute strength and skill, both of which my father had plenty.

Link to a minute long video of these two tools-
cordless tools

A few accessories will make those two items even more useful to you (tools are meant to be used not just admired, especially ones like you have that also have memories made FROM their use) :

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.as...&cat=1,43411,43417

and for the brace, a 3/8" driver and another adapter for hex shank bits (scroll down to bottom of page):

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.as...&cat=1,180,42337,32300

(edit to fix typo)
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
I'm not certain yet, but I think my dad had one of those too.
There's more to collect yet.

I DO plan on using these tools when they fit the need, not just hang them on the wall.
There's many other things too not pictured.
Among them is a saw vice, saw file, and a set (or whatever that is called to set the saw teeth).
I've been wanting/needing to sharpen a couple of my own saws.
Now I can do it myself!
(never knew my dad had those, but he was in NY and I'm in Ohio anyway)
Ray
TDKPE said:

In addition to the brace and bit, and the egg-beater type crank drills (including a nice 2-speed jobby), my Dad had a pair of these. They were the first power drill I ever used, and I used it a lot. Extremely handy.

BOY - I still have that tool in my basement shop but have not used in years - employed back then for nails, face frames, etc. requiring wood filler which was SO obvious on my early projects - now try to hide the fasteners - thanks. Dave
Piedmont North Carolina
The brace is a good one, looks like a Millers Falls with their "Holdall" chuck, that will take twist bits as well as brace bits. Look for his bits, they are somewhere.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
have all three in my tool chest! Every now and then, the yankee screwdriver and the push drill do see use.

Good tools that will last for years....
giradman said:

[blockquote]TDKPE said:

BOY - I still have that tool in my basement shop but have not used in years - employed back then for nails, face frames, etc. requiring wood filler which was SO obvious on my early projects - now try to hide the fasteners - thanks. Dave

[/blockquote]

I have two of those, a Stanley like the one pictured and an old Craftsman. I use them all the time, yesterday, in fact. They are a lot handier than breaking out a cordless (or corded) drill. The Craftsman belonged to my father.