Anyone use ML Campbell Aqualente Pigmented Lacquer?
I have a painted bath vanity cabinet job coming up. I need a product I can spray with my gravity feed HVLP guns and ML Campbell's pigmented lacquer has the right viscosity at 35 - 45 seconds #4 Ford cup and is KCMA rated. I'm interested if anyone has used this product and liked it, hated, it, has any advise, etc. Thanks.

John
jteneyck said:

I have a painted bath vanity cabinet job coming up. I need a product I can spray with my gravity feed HVLP guns and ML Campbell's pigmented lacquer has the right viscosity at 35 - 45 seconds #4 Ford cup and is KCMA rated. I'm interested if anyone has used this product and liked it, hated, it, has any advise, etc. Thanks.

John

Agualente is pretty old technology, and not that great a finish. I mean, it sprays well, mind you, it's just not that tough.

If i was doing these for something i cared about, i'd use either aguabarnice or aquatana

Most ml campbell distributors carry white tinted aguabarnice and can pigment stuff to whatever color you want.

Aguatana is expensive as all get out but great (i only use it on super-high end jobs, and in most cases, i grab stuff from ILVA or ICA instead)

This all assumes you want water based stuff. If you are willing to do solvent based stuff, clawlock and resistant are *great* products.
Finally a reply. Thank you. I'm not sure I can source Aguabarnice. I can get Agualente through Pondcove Paint, but they don't carry Aguabarnice. Do you know any retail distributors who carry it?

John
jteneyck said:

Finally a reply. Thank you. I'm not sure I can source Aguabarnice. I can get Agualente through Pondcove Paint, but they don't carry Aguabarnice. Do you know any retail distributors who carry it?

John

(Sorry for the delay, was on vacation).

If you know the item numbers from the product info sheet, you can order pretty much anything mlcampbell sells from https://absupply.net/

In this case, you want https://www.absupply.net/ml-campbell-mlc...talyzed-1g.aspx

for the main stuff (you'll have to ask them about the catalyst)
The prices they use are retail prices, however, so it's about 30-40% more than you'd pay at a real distributor.
THanks Daniel. I decided to use BIN pigmented shellac and GF's Enduro White Poly for my current projects, but I book marked your link to absupply for future needs as I want to try some of ML Campbell's products. You'd never know absupply carries ML Campbell's products looking at their product list.

Much appreciated.

John