A few more 1911 grips (w/pics)
Here are some more 1911 grips I've recently finished. My shop time has been extremely limited, so these have been in various stages of completeness for a while. Glad to get them off the "to-do" list, now if I could just get them sold. Tried a new display setup as well, let me know what you think.

Thanks,

-jason
[b]

Set #1 - Heart pine, quartersawn

Set #2 - HRB (w/a touch of sap wood)

Set #3 - Maple and Jatoba (Lazy Susan off cut)

Set #4 - Curly Purpleheart

Set #5 - Osage (End Grain)

Set #6 - Snakewood

Set #7 - HRB

Set #8 - Curly Maple

Set #9 - Zebrawood

Set #10 - Bubinga
hrb?????
Honduran Rosewood Burl
Love that burl, Jason.

I know that some really like their grips to be cut with the cross-hatching. But I think that really detracts from the wood. I've shot mine many times with the smooth quilted walnut I made a couple years ago and have never had an issue with it.

I like the way you continue to highlight the wood figure. The Osage Orange end grain is intriguing, too.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
Nice!

Your work reminded me of a now-deceased Fellow Shooter who had Holly grips made for his 1911A1 and Colt Single Action Army.
End grain set is spectacular. Nice to see someone thinking out of the box for a change.
Love the Osage, 2-tone HRB.
The pine is cool too.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
WxMan said:

Love that burl, Jason.

I know that some really like their grips to be cut with the cross-hatching. But I think that really detracts from the wood. I've shot mine many times with the smooth quilted walnut I made a couple years ago and have never had an issue with it.

I like the way you continue to highlight the wood figure. The Osage Orange end grain is intriguing, too.

Thanks, I've had a few sets checkered, but the far majority of mine are smooth. I haven't had any complaints from anyone that has used them. I would probably checker a few more (those of less figure), if I had the time to mess around with the checkering tools I have. I was surprised how many people like the osage, that has gotten more compliments and comments that just about any of the others I recently posted.

bartsf said:

End grain set is spectacular. Nice to see someone thinking out of the box for a change.

Thank you, the piece of osage was as thick as it was wide and the face grain was rather "plain", so I decided to use the end grain. That, coupled with the mineral stain/streak, yielded a set of unique grips.

Gary G™ said:

Love the Osage, 2-tone HRB.
The pine is cool too.

Thanks, the HRB w/sap wood is one of my favorite sets, but the osage is now a close second.

Thanks again,

-jason