Rockwell lathe
I hope this is in the right place.

I have an 11" Rockwell lathe that I bought at a auction a long time age. It has turned out that anything I turn is very small and I have been thinking of selling the lathe and getting a mini or a midi lathe.

My question is would it be worthwhile
What is it worth?
What should I expect to pay for a used small lathe?

Thanks in advance.
1Spirit said:

I have an 11" Rockwell lathe that I bought at a auction a long time age. It has turned out that anything I turn is very small and I have been thinking of selling the lathe and getting a mini or a midi lathe.

What is it worth?

Thanks in advance.

Best advice I can give is to research Craigslist and Ebay. I see a LOT of older Rockwell and Delta lathes on craigslist, generally for less than 200 bucks. In my own experience I tried to sell an 11" Delta with many extras with no luck. It also included a Vega midi duplicator and I couldn't get 300 for the pair, in fact, I had maybe two calls. I search CL daily as I am watching for a used midi. They are few and far between in my area and I haven't seen any I'd buy as yet. Been watching for well over a year and about 100 mile radius.
Steve K

My DIL expressed some interest in turning, I ran into an 11" Rockwell on Craigslist for a little over $100, cleaned it up, added a chuck and she gets it for Xmas.
It is a Rockwell 46-140, solid headstock spindle (so no MT on the headstock (bummer). #1MT tailstock, ok little spindle lathe, sheet metal base. Will never be worth more than $150-200.
The Rockwell 46-111, has #1MT headstock and tailstock, base a bit more substantial, I see them going for about $300.
Ray
1Spirit said:

What is it worth?

Thanks in advance.

46-111? If so
1) No, what you have seems to handle what you do, and will do so for years to come.
2) One-fifty to two hundred with motor in good working order and of reasonable appearance.
3) Looks like the current crop of minis run from ~300 to 500 in the 12" capacity.

You want to play bowls, I'd countershaft it 2:1 to get to ~500 minimum.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
Thanks everyone, I guess I will just keep what I have. I need to build a cabinet for it and thought of selling and downsizing. Now I don't think that is feasible