Is this one of the good ones?
https://anchorage.craigslist.org/tls/5357571944.html
Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK
It absolutely is!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I restored one of those - it's a 33-890 (or 33-891). $300 isn't a bad price, especially for your location!
That should be a very nice saw. I would jump on it before it gets away. I looked it up on owwm.org and it appears to be listed under Delta machines as a "12 RAS". Here's a link to OWWM's photo index for Delta Machines. There's a button near the top of the page that allows you to filter by machine type. Select Radial Arm Saws and you'll find several 12 RASs pictured.

Vintage Delta Machines
I don't think of Alaska being a place where one would see short-track racing, but that looks like a modified stock car in the background!! Looks like a nice saw too.

earl
A few things to be aware of.

The motor is glued together, and is not rebuildable. Found this out the hard way.

Check to see what kind of tracks are in the arm. The early "Plus 10" version of that saw (same saw, in almost every way) has the ways ground into the cast iron. Later ones have a single hardened rod on each side, which is both replaceable, and can be turned 180 degrees to get a second life out of it. That one looks like it has the rods, with concave track rollers on the carriage (see the small screw just forward and aft of the scale on the turret arm), so even if they're worn, new rods and new rollers will make it essentially a brand new machine as far as carriage travel goes, which is THE most important thing on that saw, aside from the motor. Mine has ways ground into the turret arm. Found this out the hard way.

Based on nothing more than a small dark spot at the top/back of the CI pedestal, it looks like the newer style split post and key system, which is better than the old style with the round plug with key. Found this out the hard way.

Oh, and the newest extruded aluminium 2 hp motors will bolt right in to replace the mid-series rectangular non-rebuildable cast aluminium motors like that one has, and the blade guard fits also. Found this out the easy way. The one thing mine has going for it.

I rebuilt mine, and it looks like a brand new machine, but the worn ways give it away, as the wear is mostly in the back, and no amount of adjustment can change the fact that the spacing varies from back to front. Some day I'll try retrifitting the arm with rods, and the carriage with concave rollers.

Oh, the opinion part: yes, it's very heavy, and very solid, and was the smallest of that late-model style (not the first with a turret arm, though - not by a long shot), and is basically just the baby brother of the big ones, like the 16" or 18" one in my local BORG. It's very heavy. I would be all over it for $300, assuming everything works, especially the motor, and isn't sloppy all over.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
greenacres2 said:

I don't think of Alaska being a place where one would see short-track racing, but that looks like a modified stock car in the background!! Looks like a nice saw too.

earl

Sprint car.
greenacres2 said:

earl

I don't follow it so I don't know what all the kinds of racing are done in Alaska but I know they do some.

https://www.google.com/search?q=car+raci...p;oe=utf-8
Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK