don't cut duct tape on your band saw
Like the subject line reads - yes I was stupid enough to try it.
My daughter had some of her patterned duct tape rolled onto a paper towel tube and asked me to cross cut it to a narrower width.

stupid me didn't think about the consequences. I guess I had been in the shop too long and was brain tired.

I spent the better part of a half hour cleaning that gunk off my blade and the lower wheel.

So, for those of you who know better than I did, please be kind
For those of you who don't (like me who didn't or just didn't think it through) ... you are forewarned.

If I don't set a good example, then I'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.
Ray
I've always used a meat slicer.
PhilJoines said:

I've always used a meat slicer.

+1
Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK
Bandsaw works fine, as long as it's not yours

Old rip saws with a bent blade. Shorten them, and they can/will cut a lot if you aren't in love with them

Tip: If you do need to cut a roll of tape, it helps if you do start with a BS, use it to cut a rough circle approximating the inside diameter of the roll out of some scrap 2x4 material. Use that circle to keep the roll from squishing down as you cut it.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Don't feel bad,
Once when I was younger and dumber- I had a 4" roll of sticky back sand paper, but only a 3" holder/sanding block.
Yep, I cut the 4" roll with the radial arm saw.
The 80 tooth carbide did a nice job of cutting the roll, but it didn't cut wood worth a darn afterwards.
As long as you didn't mess up the stuff your daughter asked you to cut, all is good!

--
See ya later,
Bill
I also wouldn't cut a 2 inch roll of painter tape either.
Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

AND

Don't cut coconuts on a Table Saw.

Don't cut up rawhide dog bones on a band saw either. The results are, umm, unexpected.

Mike

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room!

But not today...
Or a pinky finger...... It hurts.....
Gunners Mate, 1st Class, A long time ago...