Shop vac hose too stiff
The hose that came with my shop vac is almost useless. The 2 1/2" hose is too stiff. It is fine when hooked up to a stationary power tool like a router table, jointer etc. When you try to vacuum the floor, the hose is inflexible. It often pulls out of the port or even tips the vac on occasion. My solution is not to vacuum the floor.This leads to sawdust being tracked through the house and wife problems. Is there a replacement hose available that is flexible enough to clean the floor and help a marriage?
I have this one and it works great! I would buy it again if needed.
Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

I have one from Rockler, about $39.00, and comes with several soft rubber adapters to fit many powdered tools, including Festool, Bosch, Dewalt, etc. I would buy it again in a heart beat!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
+1

paarker said:

I have this one and it works great! I would buy it again if needed.

Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Drill one hole for a short pan head screw thru the solid part of the hose and the vacuum nipple.One screw will keep the hose from pulling out.
I use a screw about 5/16" long and added a couple of small washers so the point penetrates into the hose about 1/16".I was going to use 3 screws but waited to see if the screw would cause a blockage problem.
No problem and never did add more screws. The hose removes easily enough by first removing the screw.
mike
I have the home depot one too. It's also much more crush resistant if you step on it
Benny

Get the Mr. Nozzle hose from Lee Valley.

Also get the extra 2-1/4" (O.D.) Hose Cuff.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/garden/page....0727,47161
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
I love Lee Valley, but the same exact 12 foot kit is available from Acme tools for only $38.99 vs. the $51.50 thru LV. That's a pretty good deal, IMO.

Mr. Nozzle - via Acme Tools

Mr_Mike said:

Still Learning,

Allan Hill
AHill said:

I love Lee Valley, but the same exact 12 foot kit is available from Acme tools for only $38.99 vs. the $51.50 thru LV. That's a pretty good deal, IMO.

Mr. Nozzle - via Acme Tools

[blockquote]Mr_Mike said:

[/blockquote]

That is a good price.

I generally only buy such things on sale.

I would suggest opting for the 24' kit (or two 12' kits). Length matters. Since the hose only comes with one 2 1/4 end, you still need the suggested extra end piece. Couplers are easily sourced from your local big box.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
Thank you everyone for your possible solutions to my problem. It looks like a trip to HD is coming up.