Resaw on Jet 16" BS
Finally got my bandsaw JWBS16 out of storage and went to townruning it up. Long story short, all my efforts to get good resaw experience out of it were failing, untill I changed blades. I knew the 1/2" 4TPI blade i had was fairly old, but I had a Timberwolf 3/4" blade new kicking around. Did the no-flutter low tension bit, tracked so the gullets were on the crown, and BINGO. Nice. Resawn veneers of some Sycamore i had lying around. Makes me very happy!
Oh yeah, when all else fails, try a new blade. Glad that's all it was. Time to order another blade. The Timberwolf ones I've used dull pretty quickly.

John
jteneyck said:

Oh yeah, when all else fails, try a new blade. Glad that's all it was. Time to order another blade. The Timberwolf ones I've used dull pretty quickly.

John

John, I saw in another thread that you picked up the Lenox Diemaster 2 blade. Is that one still going strong? I primarily need it for resawing. I've always had TW blades and they do seem to dull faster than expected but I have nothing to compare that to.
atgcpaul said:

[blockquote]jteneyck said:

John

John, I saw in another thread that you picked up the Lenox Diemaster 2 blade. Is that one still going strong? I primarily need it for resawing. I've always had TW blades and they do seem to dull faster than expected but I have nothing to compare that to.

[/blockquote]

Still going strong. I've sawn quite a bit of white oak veneer with it, too. If you decide to get one, I recommend you get it from ToolCenter.com. Good service and the best welds I've ever seen. I bought from them based on another WoodNetter's recommendation and I'm passing it on as a satisfied customer.

John