Ray Key finishing
I've been watching the Ray Key box videos and his technique for finishing boxes. He sands with silicon carbide paper lubricated with "a soft paste wax." He uses that same wax with steel wool to cut back his lacquer finish before applying a final coat of BriWax or lacquer. If you've seen his demo or taken his classes, what product is the "soft paste wax" he uses as a lubricant? It appears to be white and opaque, and very soft.
From 2010 when someone asked the same question on
WoodCentral
I know the voices aren't real but man do they have some great ideas !

People discuss my art and pretend to understand as if it were necessary to understand, when it's simply necessary to love. - Claude Monet
What a memory! Thanks.
I had his DVD and tried how he finishes. I just did not care to much for all the steps and limited to a low sheen that he likes.

I want to be able to make it Matte to high Gloss finish on any piece I want. I can also get a getter sanding job to 1000 or higher that he does not do either.

Of course I love to sand and feel how it gets smoother and smoother.

I suggest you try it and use or do not use as you see fit. Remember there are hundreds of ways to finish wood.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Captain Pete said:

What a memory! Thanks.

LoL found it through google not with my memory
I know the voices aren't real but man do they have some great ideas !

People discuss my art and pretend to understand as if it were necessary to understand, when it's simply necessary to love. - Claude Monet
Arlin Eastman said:

Of course I love to sand

Arlin

VH07V