flag display case
my son retired from the army in september and asked me to build him a case for his flag. i wanted to get a lil different with this one. ive had the piece of walnut i used for the drawer fronts for some time waiting for a project. think i should have just put a light roundover on them to show te grain flow better, but i think hell like it.
" />
First and foremost, THANK-YOU to your son for his years of service for all of us! God bless him and your entire family for the sacrifice!

Now for your accolades. The flag display is awesome! This will no doubt become a priceless family heirloom. Great use of the walnut.

Thanks for sharing.
If you continue to cut corners, you'll end up going in circles!

It's my thumb so I'll hit it if I want to!
Beautiful work. Well done and a huge thanks to your family.
Love the design. Most unusual and the walnut front really sets it off.
He absolutely will like it! Well done!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Nice!! Love the floating flag case.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
shoottmx said:

Nice!! Love the floating flag case.

g

Beat me to it. That's the first time I've seen it done like that, a nice touch! I think the walnut grain flows nicely, VERY well done!
Benny

Great job and tribute to your son! He'll love it.
Best Regards,
Bob
"All that I do or say is all that I ever will be"

Billy Joe Shaver, Old Five and Dimers Like Me
that's really nice. I have a flag flown over the capitol building in honor of my dad that I want to put in a case. But I'm not sure any of my siblings would appreciate it as a gift
Very Nice.
I made a display years ago from walnut for my military medals and such, plus my flag, and have made many more like it on request, plus a few others. Haven't seen a design like your's before... I too like the way the flag floats in the design.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.