You got to know when to fold them
Was making Christmas presents. Two are in another post.
The third is an eyeglass display. I picked out some nice mahogany. Then I made a pattern for the ends (shelves and a backing in between). Resaw the plank and mill on the planer. Cut out the rough pieces with about an 1/8" overhang on the pattern edge. Clamp to the table and get the flush cut bit out.

Instant disaster. The bit I used wasn't long enough to cut both at once and I should have taken the first pass with a climb cut. Didn't do either and the pieces split out. The pics show the disaster. I held the pattern back in the picture. I certainly wasn't taking that big a bite:

I had one go nips north on me today too. My own fault for not taking more time to do it right. I salvaged it but it makes me mad at myself when I screw up like that!
Mike

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room!

But not today...
The fattest file in my "mistakes" drawer is the "power router" one.
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
Looks like African Mahogany as opposed the South/Central/Cuban stuff.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
TomFromStLouis said:

The fattest file in my "mistakes" drawer is the "power router" one.

Mine is the one between the ears. Tool doesn't matter. They all offended me from one time or another.....
I hang a few around the shop as reminders.
Gunners Mate, 1st Class, A long time ago...
Its actually sipo which is reasonably priced here. It has a lot of gold tones but the fluorescent washes it out.

The machines were still set when I walked away so it was pretty easy to make new ones. This time I didn't stack the two pieces and made the flush cut in two easy passes. The project is all cut and sanded. I'm going out to put some tinted sealcoat on a little later.