Merry Christmas!
A little mixed media Christmas gift idea that everyone seems to enjoy. Jatoba base. Still need to turn a stopper, but the Jatoba I have isn't thick enough for what I want to do. Have to get some more or do a fancy lamination of some kind.

True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools
very neat idea. How did you drill the bottom of the bottle?

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Arlin Eastman said:

very neat idea. How did you drill the bottom of the bottle?
Arlin

I used a Diamond Hole Saw, 1/2"
True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools
I have a bunch of jatoba left from my kitchen remodel I did. What do you need?
Wipedout said:

I have a bunch of jatoba left from my kitchen remodel I did. What do you need?

That's downright considerate of you, Wipedout. I think the blanks are usually 1.5" x 1.5" x 3" or so. Bet your kitchen looks really nice, Jatoba is nice stuff!
No problem. I'm out of country till tomorrow night. Drop me a pm and how many you want. I'll get some out to you Monday morning
Sorry I did not notice you needed some, but only have a few 1/2 pieces that could be glued up or putting some other colored wood between it.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

Arlin Eastman said:

Sorry I did not notice you needed some, but only have a few 1/2 pieces that could be glued up or putting some other colored wood between it.

Arlin

I've got plenty of jatoba, Arlin. Amazing how much cut offs you end up with redoing a kitchen. I've made lots of thing. Cutting boards etc
Isn't Jatoba called Brazilin Cherry too?

It is a very pretty deep red colored wood and would work great on glue ups I am sure.

Arlin

Yes it is Arlin. Very dense and hard. Here is a BGE cart I'm building with leftovers. (Only one coat of finish so far)