Sower fixture problems
I have a Danze single handle faucet in the shower. It was dripping so I got a new cartridge, springs and seats. My problem is the new hardware leaks worse then the old. I tried combinations of cartridge and seats but all old hardware worked the best. It also seems to leak more when fully turned off, If I move the handle just a smidgen it leaks less. Any ideas to get this to stop? I should add that after installing the new cartridge I tested it and I had it turned 180 off. The hot was cold and cold was hot. I removed the securing nut before turning off the water and shot the cartridge and seats across the shower. Then tripped over the dog while running to the basement to turn the water off. Nothing appears dammaged.

The second problem happened when I first took the valve apart to see what parts I need. When I put it back together and started taking a shower I heard a soft bump and the water pressure dropped. This did happen a couple years ago and it just magically fixed itself. I am got to thinking it is the pressure balance spool. This valve has the spool on the side not in with the cartridge. I pulled the cap off and there was black water and crud under the cap. I then proceeded to try to clean it up to see how it came out. In the picture you can see a hole in the middle of the spool. This was caked closed with rust. This thing will not budge. Is there any way to get it out without damaging the valve body? I obviously need a new spool. You can see in the picture part of the spool has corroded away at the bottom.

I'm assuming by new hardware you mean you replaced the springs and seats in the pic. I have had lots of trouble getting just the right ones for old fixtures and I have a very good plumbing supply house in town.

As for the anti scald valve. I don't have any ideas as I have never seen or heard of that brand before. Must be a regional brand. I can't stand the anti scald valves. Too much crap in city water that plugs them up here.
Danze is a brand of Chinese clones of better quality valves such as Moen and Delta. IMO they are junk faucets. I will not repair them, replace it or call someone else. Close the service stops on each side, turn the water back on to the house and think replacement.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

When I remodeled my bathroom last year I put unions on each pipe, just in case I ever have to remove the valve, nothing to unsolder. Something to consider if you replace the valve.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
blackhat said:

Danze is a brand of Chinese clones of better quality valves such as Moen and Delta. IMO they are junk faucets. I will not repair them, replace it or call someone else. Close the service stops on each side, turn the water back on to the house and think replacement.

Gotcha. I'll bet that sutherlands here caries them. They carry mainly low end trailer and rent house materials here. Any tie I see those seals I think 50 year old fixture. Like the one left in the spare bathroom... But it's solid heavy brass and good scrap value...
blackhat said:

These came from the largest plumbing supply house in the area. They are not known for selling junk. It is what it is so now I have to fix it. All the fixtures in the the bathroom are coordinated so unless I can but in a new valve with my old trim the wife will not be happy.
Ouch. Hopefully they have the parts. Buy a tin of faucet grease and coat everything thoroughly as you re assemble.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

To try to remove the stuck pressure balancer I was planning on soaking it in PB blaster for a day. Then take an ez-out on the impact driver and stick it in the hole on the end. I am sure no one will guarantee it will work but does anyone see any significant down side to trying?