Good Marketing?
I was in Bed, Bath and Beyond yesterday picking up a new glass insert for my coffee pot and I saw what has to be the most amazing bit of marketing by a "woodworker".

It was slices of bark-on logs about 1 inch thick in two sizes. They had been sanded, sealed and individualy tied up with a bit of twine. They were being sold as decorative platters,. Prices were $10.00 for the smaller and $15.99 for the larger. I guess there were no charge for the splits.

Now we know what to do with the ends of our logs.
Playing with my new friend "Joan" - she's a Jet!
P.S. I *am* the wife
Not everyone has access to wood nor the "want to" to find out so there is a market.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
There's more work than you might think with those. Slice each one individually. Sand, seal, package. Markup by BB&B is likely 3x what they get them for wholesale. So, each bundle is $3 or $5.33 to the maker. Barely pays for his time, IMO.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Here in Hawaii, galleries double the wholesale (our) price. A decent 14" bowl can go from $400 to $1000, I get about half that.
VH07V  
So I take you would make them for that price and replace them free if they split?
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
A coworker told me his FIL makes these. While thinking it is ingenious I do wonder how long the will last, unless they are sealed really well.

Bob