Finished! Quick and Kinda Easy Christmas Presents
Finished these cheese slicers yesterday. Well, almost. Still need to pick up a couple sets of rubber feet and another slicer. Made from shop scraps and a few cut-offs from the local Woodcraft bin. Perfect for my wine loving friends and family.
Merry Christmas!

" />

" />

" />
Take off a full blade, nope, too long, now take off 1/2 blade, nope, too long, now take off 1/4 blade - How the H--- can it be 1/4" short????
Where did you get the slicer portion? Looks like a great gift idea.
you can get the slicer parts from here---look under replacement parts.
www.prodyne.com
I got them at Woodcraft.
Take off a full blade, nope, too long, now take off 1/2 blade, nope, too long, now take off 1/4 blade - How the H--- can it be 1/4" short????
I really like them and will put them down as a To Make list.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
MeanGene said:

I got them at Woodcraft.

I did a bunch of them too. I also got the slicer parts at WoodCraft Back in October they were in the sales flyer, seems I paid much less than this online price. They have 2 sizes available, the larger one will also do a good many sizes of bread.

Awesome use of scrap wood pieces.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
They look great , nice job on them . I was looking at the woodcraft sites instructions , they talk about replacing the wire when it breaks but don't seem to sell replacement wire . Is the wire something you can find easily if it breaks ?
Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently. "HF"
The wires are pretty sturdy and I doubt they will easily break. However, the replacement wires are available at Prodyne as detailed in Dusty's post, above. Thanks Dusty, I was not familiar with that company.
I wasn't that impressed that the wire was anything special. Maybe I missed something. I agree with Gene though, not likely to break anytime soon.

Thinking you could easily get something off this page too.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I just saw that kit in the woodraft flyer and wondered how they would turn out. Looks great! Thanks for the post. I think I'll make a couple...
Benny