New Hi Efficiency gas furnace question
Last month had new Hi Efficiency natural gas forced air furnace installed. Seems like it runs forever? In evening we set the thermostat down to 67 then back to 71 in AM. Not to save any money rather just like to sleep in a cooler room. It takes about 4 hours to get back the 4 deg set back and wonder if this is normal? Last night the temp only down to 25 with no wind. I called the "Furnace Man" and he said they will run longer and suggested not to lower the temp unless leaving for a vacation etc. Opinions?
Regards,
Bill
Does it regulate the gas consumption to maintain longer runs? What is your gas consumption v. last years?

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
I have no clue about regulating, and it has only been installed for one month.
Doesn't sound right to me.

Is this a two stage furnace and do you know if the second stage is working?

My furnace heats rapidly, but I think its oversized. Single stage though.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
Single stage says the installer.
That's how they gain efficiency. They run a smaller burner for longer periods of time. But I do think yours must have been sized too small. What will happen when it gets to -25 degrees outside? I put a 95% er in a few years ago and sized it at 80K btu vs 100K btu for the older furnace. It can recover 5 degrees in about 1/2 hr up to an hr depending on outside temps.
Bill Bob said:

I have no clue about regulating, and it has only been installed for one month.

There could be a readout in the control board. The Gas valve would also have to be variable regarding input. I would also think the MFG 'ers name plate would tell you if it was variable.

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
The recovery time is definitely too long, there's probably a lot of possibilities, but the explanation your furnace guy gave wouldn't be one of them (IMHO).
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
What? when it gets to -25? Don't live in Mn
Bill
Sounds undersized to me. Also gotta watch some of the two stage high efficiency units. Yeah they are more efficient fuel wise but they use more electricity running the fan for much longer.