Senco??
What is going on with Senco? Here in Northern Calif., both HD & Lowe's no longer carry their nailers or their nails. Same with Meeks that supplies all the contractors.
Bill
Semco is based locally. They did a Popular Woodworking night a while back, and were pretty pumped about a few new products that were made in Cinci. In the past they had sourced a lot of product (those with a sticker), instead of the casted SENCO name. Possibly the Home Cheapo and Blowes people don't want to pay for American made product because they can get a better deal from Chiner. Not having cheap Chinese to sell, they got dropped?
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Ive noticed a decline in their presence. When I was a framer, we had all Senco nailers. They were heavy beasts but unstoppable. Then our tools got stolen one night and Fastenal hooked us up with Paslodes. I don't know what the story was behind that but they were OK too. They required more maintenance but they never took a crap on us.

After I ran over my Hitachi framer I had bought the previous week, I bought two older Sencos at a pawn shop. They leaked but I put in new O rings and they are perfect now. Still heavy beasts. I could dial down the nail depth low enough to be able to use them on my HardiPlank and then hammer the nails in the rest of the way. I really like the Senco over the Paslode as I like the 21 degree better than 30 degree. (I see Paslode has a 21 degree nailer out recently) I feel with 21 degree you can get a full round head to feed more reliably and that has been my experience.

The last time I saw Senco nailers at the BORGs they looked like Chiwanese crap. Nothing I would buy. I would have bought a Paslode (or Hitachi) first.
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
If I recall correctly, Senco had some financial difficulties a few years back and almost faded away. Someone must have saved their bacon because they came back pretty strong. Maybe echoes from their not-too-distant past are ringing in their ears. Don't know, just guessing.
I have some old, and I mean decades old, heavy aluminum Senco guns. A framer and a stapler. They still work just fine, but I have no manual or info on either of them. I know they work, as I hooked them up to an air line and they both fire what few nails/staples are in them just fine.

What I don't know, is what they eat, ie, what kind of ammo to put in them. Guess a trip to the local tool monger is in order. He can probably help me sort them out. They don't get used much, yet.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Like Mark S's SENCO's, mine are also old -- probably purchased in the early to mid 1990's. Heavy, but very dependable. Had the 18 gauge nailer re-built once.The other two -- finish nailer and a stapler -- are still going strong.

At the time, they were not exactly economical to buy, but now I am glad I did -- the quality is there. Do not use them as much as I once did, but when I need to use them, they always work no matter how long they sit unused.

Looked on their web page and it says 100% made in the US-of-A!

As an aside, does anyone else have the old DANAIR palm nailer? I bought one on a close out sale and it sat around unused for awhile. Finally used on a few projects and glad that I had it. Like the SENCOS's another big old beast that does not stop..
GEB: have you checked the SENCO dealer locator page?

I just looked and it shows two in Chico. See --
www.senco.com/dealer-locator

Or contact SENCO direct -- 1-800.543.4596; Monday - Friday 8:00AM - 6:00 PM -
They don't seem to be very popular anymore. I see they are trying to get into the cordless hose less nailers and maybe that will help them but that's a tough market.

It's hard to beat the bang for the buck that Hitachi has set. Most every framer etc I know uses their nailers. They just keep going.

I had a senco palm nailer and just out of warranty and light use the seal went in it. A friend has one and asked if I could fix his which had been used on one project and the seal broke on it as well. Problem is the seal cost over half what the nailer cost. Tossed them both in the trash and bought a different brand when I needed one again. I'm not impressed with them.
Read: The Wal*Mart Effect.

Dealing with the big boxes is a cut-throat business. They'll either push your prices down or jump ship to another supplier. Likewise, Campbell-Hausfeld is here in town and I know they were forced to ship mfg off-shore to remain competitive enough to stay in the big boxes.

I too, was at the Senco presentation at PopWood a year and a half ago. They seemed to be doing OK then with some new lines of products.