A few new items
I took a small break from turning after working a month and a half straight and then having to play catch up with the house and other things. Christmas is almost here and a couple coworkers asked me to make a couple items.

First are pepper grinders. One set is mahogany and the other is walnut. She saw these at a fair and said to her husband that she figured I could make them instead. The lady at the fair was selling them as sets, so hopefully they can grind sea salt as well, because I haven't got a clue if they will. No you are not seeing things one of the mahogany ones is shorter. I goofed 2 blanks while making the second, by following the instructions. The center hole kept being drilled slightly off center and it screwed up the top, where the grinder mounts. The third attempt was coming along great until I put the original next to it, to check the match and I realized the one on the lathe was shorter. I had accidentally grabbed the off cut, when I cut the last blank. I told her I would attempt another one, but instead this could be a designed feature to differentiate the two...think short for salt. The difference didn't seem to bother her, so all was well.

Lastly is a coffee scoop made from african blackwood and birdseye maple. The shape on the end is to tamp the coffee grounds, which is a feature he asked for.

I hope their recipients enjoy them.

Thanks for looking, Bob
Ooh, that is one purdy coffee scoop. Nice design and well executed. And I like the steampunk grinding mechanisms, too. Where did you get them?
True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools
Thanks, I believe I got the kits from woodcraft, but I'm not sure they are the only ones that carry them.

Bob
That scoop is really sharp.
Beautiful job. I love the scoop as well, I think LV make a grinder mechanism, will have to check.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Nice!!!!
!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Bob

The coffee scoop is the cats meow and it really looks nice.

I like the second set of grinders the most since the ears are not sticking out of the wood.

Great projects tho and I am glad you are selling things.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Penn State Ind came out with the grinders first a few years ago. They show them on more squat box like containers.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Nice! I especially like the coffee scoop.
I'm slow, but I do poor work.