Sloped roof joist to ledger board ?
I'm m building a roof over a deck on the back of my house. The roof rafters will be sloped ten degrees. What type joist hanger should I be using? I suppose I could notch the ends of the rafters to fit a regular hanger, but I wonder if there is something like a hanger that can be angled.
Advice is appreciated!
VH07V  
This what I used for a similar roof design. They can be adjusted to nearly any roof pitch within reason. Yes, it introduces a weak point to the equation but after research it is the best I came up with and it passed the hurricane code here.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Simpson-Stron...SU26Z/100375313

Here is what the roof looks like that I am talking about. I think these rafters were 5/12 roof pitch.

---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
A notch isn't required, a saw cut (kerf) will work. Gang a few of the rafters together and cut them with a hand saw.
I looked at those adjustable things and they didn't seem like they'd be all that strong and they're $11 each here. I like the idea of a saw kerf, it's cheap and should be easy. I have 22 of these to do!
VH07V  
It was hard for me to swallow the price here so I don't blame you for looking at something different.
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
10 deg. isn't much of a slope. I would use the regular hangers and not worry about it. The side nails will hold enough to support the roof. Sitting on the edge of the hanger is just an added bonus.

Plenty of roofs don't have hangers at all. The rafters are toe nailed to the ridge board.

Twinn
Will post for food.
You could do something like this maybe
Joe, just moved from KCMo 18 months ago to Hawaii.
Thanks for that idea, I'll see if the HD here has those.
VH07V  
EightFingers said:

I'm m building a roof over a deck on the back of my house. The roof rafters will be sloped ten degrees. What type joist hanger should I be using? I suppose I could notch the ends of the rafters to fit a regular hanger, but I wonder if there is something like a hanger that can be angled.
Advice is appreciated!

I specify LSSUI25 joist hangers for sloped joist hanging from a ledger. Do not kerf the joist. http://www.strongtie.com/products/connec...su_scl.asp

You can order them from Amazon if you cant find them local.
WoodNET... the new safespace