Train/car wall shelf
We are regained my son's room and he has some of the wooden Thomas trains that normally sit in bins in the closet. I thought it would be nice to put the trains on a shelf to display and provide easy access. Since I was painting my daughters headboard today and we do not have colors picked out yet for his room I thought I would go ahead and paint it white while I had all the supplies out. Once the wife picks out the colors for the room it will be repainted.

The pieces waiting to be assembled.
I am gonna do a display when thing 2 out grows them. If not for them then for me. I enjoy that show
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
So I was finally able to get the final coat of paint of the shelf and hand it out on Christmas. I still need to hang it on the wall in my sons room but that is the easy part. Once we pick out the accent colors for his room the shelf will be painted again. As I mentioned in a previous post I was painting my daughters white headboard so I figured I would use what I had available until my wife decides on the right colors for the room.

So we finally had some free time after the everyone left to hang the shelf and put some of the toy trains and cars and here it is.

Way better than bins in a closet. What does the little guy think?
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Yeah, I could use one of those myself, then a couple more more for the girls.
Be forewarned...my boy was into Thomas too, and actually kind of obsessed with trains at around three or four.

Everyone said their sons went through the same phase and mine would grow out of it.

Over a decade later and a high school freshman, he is still obsessed with trains. I've made similar shelves for him to store his growing collection of HO and N scale trains. An N scale layout is slowly being built in his bedroom, he can spend hours building layouts on Microsoft Train Simulator and the other simulation programs he has, and he is a member of a youth-model-railroading-club that exhibits at train shows throughout the year.

Point is, you may have these shelves a lot longer than you think. As hobbies go its a good one, BTW.

Mike
He loves having the easy access to the trains now because they were tucked into a bin before that made it tough for him to get at the trains.
How did you mount it?
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.