Hanging Air Cleaner ideas needed
I have to hang my air cleaner from my shop ceiling. There is living space about my shop so sound transfer is a concern.

I'd like to create some type of isolation in the hanging mounts. I thought a rubber ring with a safety cable as back up would work. But I cant find a source for them.

I'm open to ideas.

Thanks,
Martin
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear brighter until you hear them speak.

Let me state it again,

There will be no
duplication of work! - By order of the Office of Redundancy Office
Go to your Nafta shop and discuss motor mounts?
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
google isolation hangers...commonly available at commercial building (Drywall/stud/ACT), plumbing, and HVAC supply houses
https://acousticalsolutions.com/product/...on-hanger/
Martin K said:

I have to hang my air cleaner from my shop ceiling. There is living space about my shop so sound transfer is a concern.

I'd like to create some type of isolation in the hanging mounts. I thought a rubber ring with a safety cable as back up would work. But I cant find a source for them.

I'm open to ideas.

Thanks,
Martin

Have you mounted it already and are experiencing noise problems in the space above? If not, I would go ahead and mount it. I doubt you will have any noticeable noise problems from an air cleaner hanging from chain. I had a similar setup in my old shop with living space directly above my cleaner and had no problems.
Joseph Connors

The new Golden Rule .....
Those with the Gold make the rules!
Mine hangs from chains in my basement shop. There is a bedroom directly above it and there's no problem.

Mike
Add one more with the Delta cleaner hanging from 4 short chains attached to 4 eyelet screws. No vibration above, no noise from the motor. Just the sound of the fan blowing.
had the same issue. I had my air cleaner mounted directly to the floor joist because of head room. I used shock absorber bushings. Cheap easy and did the job
jgrogan said:

had the same issue. I had my air cleaner mounted directly to the floor joist because of head room. I used shock absorber bushings. Cheap easy and did the job

So, you are saying that you had noise issues when the cleaner was mounted from chains? The OP stated that he had "concerns" not an issue.
Joseph Connors

The new Golden Rule .....
Those with the Gold make the rules!
4 hooks screwed into the floor joist and suspended the cleaner with rope rather than chain. Even less vibration transfer. These units are not very heavy. You could also use a couple of the heavy rubber tie-down stretchy-straps or a couple of small nylon cargo straps. You will get close to zero vibration transfer.
Ohio Mike said:

Mine hangs from chains in my basement shop. There is a bedroom directly above it and there's no problem.

Mike

Mine is the same. To be extra sure (its under our sunroom that doubles as SWMBO's office) I mounted a square of plywood to the joist and put some rubber spacers in between. Then hung the cleaner from the plywood. Not sure I needed those but better safe than sorry.