porter cable part needed
I had the switch go out on my Porter Cable 314 Trim Saw Type 5. Everywhere I look on line it says part 868673 is no longer available. Anyone have any ideas?

thanks
roger901
fix the existing switch?
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

http://www.repairtoolparts.com/porter-ca...switch-replaces

Their web site shows they have one.
Banditt said:

http://www.repairtoolparts.com/porter-ca...switch-replaces

Their web site shows they have one.

it shows they have none there is no add button to click...

and if you paste the number in a search it comes back zero results.

This is going to be the way of nearly all the PC and Delta parts eventually the new owners by liquidating ( as in throwing away parts inventories) will force people to discard decent useable tools for substandard junk that no longer is worth the cost of shipping....
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Can you adapt the switch from one of their other saws: http://www.ereplacementparts.com/switch-p-956870.html
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
This looks like replacement. 888153 replaces 868673. 697171 replaces 888153.

http://tricitytoolparts.com/products/697...replaces-888153

Never mind that's unavailable too.
Some people are like a Slinky. Not really good for anything but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy. Blessed are the peacemakers.
It'd be worth some 'engineering' IMO. I don't know that there's a close replacement for that saw available new for any price. There may be but I don't know of one.
Try an electronics store like Radio Shack.They may have some type of switch that could be adapted.
mike
mike4244 said:

Try an electronics store like Radio Shack.They may have some type of switch that could be adapted.
mike

Radio Shack went out of business about a year ago or so.
Wrong. Many of the stores are still in business. They combined with Sprint. There are three of them with in 20 miles of me.

Press Article
A new era for RadioShack is upon us — Sprint-RadioShack era.

Sprint on Friday will open up shop in 1,435 RadioShack stores acquired as part of the electronic retailer's recent bankruptcy action, more than doubling its retail footprint, the carrier announced. The stores will offer smartphones like the new Samsung Galaxy S6 as well as other devices and services from Sprint and its prepaid brands Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile, alongside RadioShack products.

The move comes after RadioShack's biggest shareholder, Standard General, recently finalized plans to purchase 1,743 RadioShack stores, and struck a deal with Sprint for the "store within a store" concept at 1,435 of those locations. As part of the agreement, Sprint will be the "primary brand in marketing materials and signage" and occupy roughly a third of the retail space at the RadioShack stores.

In a statement, RadioShack CEO Ron Garriques put a positive spin on the agreement, calling it a "win-win" for both parties. The move, he said, will enable RadioShack to "continue to provide a trusted destination for our millions of loyal consumers" while giving Sprint "a much larger footprint." Plus, both companies will now have "immediate access to each other's customers," Garriques added.
Some people are like a Slinky. Not really good for anything but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy. Blessed are the peacemakers.