Question on SS after Cartride was activated
I started reinstalling my cartridge and blade on my SS after it was triggered. It just doesn't feel right. The blade sits about 1/2 inch from the riving blade and also at least that much on the Sharkguard. I know you're supposed to lower the mechanism to the lowest point and it's supposed to reset the arbor and I did that.

Also I never checked before but the blade is supposed to be 3 1/8 above the table and mine is 3 inches. What is weird is the insert which would have been cut by that original blade is wider than the blade at it's highest point.

I'm not sure if I have done everything correct.
Did you adjust for the correct blade to brake distance. Prob time to pull out your manual (or download one) again and read through. Its all there.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I figured out what happened. Once it activates you have to pull the arbor back up by hand until it clicks. The manual says you can just lower to the bottom and raise it but that didn't work. As soon as I gave the arbor a good jerk I heard it click. I put the original untouched SS blade in as well as their riving knife and there was only 1/4 inch between the blade and the tip of the riving knife so I knew that had to be it. I can't imagine that the knife would be closer than 1/4 inch for safety reasons.

I tried calling SS but it said they closed early tonight. Probably a Christmas party.