+1 for Grizzly Tech Support
My bandsaw had some of the smoke let out of it and so I called Grizzly Tech Support and was connected to a friendly and very helpful service rep. He took me a step at a time through trouble-shooting the problem to find the defective part (turns out it was the rectifier in the brake circuit). He ordered the part for me ($54 plus shipping) and I was done. The service call took about 30 minutes, so Grizzly can't be making anything on that call. None-the-less nothing was rushed.

This was a good experience, something I can't say about every support call I've made in my life.
I only worked retail as a low level salesclerk. But I had a very good man for a boss.

Grizzly tech support earned good will with you, and everyone here that reads this, with your call. That is worth far more than paying the tech support employee for his half hour. It is the way it is SUPPOSED to be done, but too often is not.

I have never used Grizzly tech support. Now I have one more reason to know they will be there when I need them.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Was your Griz still under warranty?
atgcpaul said:

No it wasn't. It will be a little effort to replace the part, but I'll learn a bit along the way. No problem.
Mark A Smith said:

[blockquote]atgcpaul said:

No it wasn't. It will be a little effort to replace the part, but I'll learn a bit along the way. No problem.

[/blockquote]

Good to know. Thanks.
I also have had many questions about things with my Grizzly equipment after the VA bought them for me.

They always had the time and knowledge to my questions and got the problem fixed.
The only thing I have never cared for was their 1 year warranty on all their stuff.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.