FYI - buy (3) $29 makita LED flashlights, get (2) 4.0a LXT batts free
http://www.toolbarn.com/specials/makita-...rder=price

Most tool retailers only allow this for the $80+ bare tools, but these guys are making the deal available with the lower priced stuff... $87 for 2 4.0 batts AND 3 flashlights!

Only till 12/31

JT
The 4 amp batteries don't fit all the Makita tools-I found out AFTER I bought 2 of them off the clearance table. They only fit about a third of the LXT tools I have. I think there is a small yellow star on the label, on the tools they do fit.
There is some plastic I COULD cut away, to make them fit, but I figure there must be a reason.
Seems like an awful lot of money for flashlights
There's a tab you eliminate on the tool with a small sharp chisel. The star tech just makes sure you dont deplete the batteries by overuse, just use common sense and stop using the battery when the tool will no longer do the job. Should do that with ANY LiIon batt. I did the mod a long time ago to be able to use the 1.5amp batts with any of the tools...

who cares how much the flashlight's cost when you get all three plus 2 batts for $90?

Theyre handy flashlights though, last forever and will never burn a bulb.

I'll sell them on CL for $15-20 each to recoupe my cost or they are handy for building battery adapters to allow the makita batts to be used for other brand tools.

Just got all of mine in the mail today.

JT
High FIVE bro. THANK YOU!! I had a crazzy LXT battery deal fall through last month and really needed some batteries. You just saved the day. I Owe you a deal find!!

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Read the answers to questions asked here about Makita battery BL-1840
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Steve N said:

Read the answers to questions asked here about Makita battery BL-1840

Kind of mixed consensus if it fits or not. Ill let you know and take pictures of what I find if folks care. I have a new battery charger coming that said it works with the 4.0aH ones.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

All the LXT battery chargers work with all of the generations of Makita batteries.

JT
Regarding battery compatibility, I've got probably 12-15 of the LXT 18 volt tools and at least half are the older models. The 4.0 batts work in ALL of them. The Amazon Q&A link provided
had someone complaining they wouldnt work in his grinder or older circ saw; I've got both of those tools in the older versions and my 4.0 batts fit.

I've forgotten what exactly I had to do to make them work, but as I recall, there was a little plastic tab that had to be taken out to allow the batts to slide in and that was it. Was able to knock it right off with a sharp chisel.

I've used the older white LED flashlight as a battery interface adapter and use my batteries on my Bosch 18volt (older nicad stuff) tools.

Yes - no protection circuity in those uses, but use your batteries smart - don't overheat them, charge them in the sun, etc, and have had no problems...

JT
Thanks for the heads up. Great price