Fast curing finish
Don't we go through this every year at this time?

For the record, when I get home I will be applying Shellac to the Christmas presents I am trying to get done.
Signature
I thought it was just me.

Ok so I guess shellac it is. Thanks all

Zack Butler said:

Don't we go through this every year at this time?

For the record, when I get home I will be applying Shellac to the Christmas presents I am trying to get done.

[blockquote]Phydeaux said:

According to the can Watco Danish Oil is dry in less than a day.

----------------------------

Maybe dry to touch, but I used it on some children's chairs a couple years ago. Left it air dry in a warm basement for 7-10 days, then boxed and wrapped it for a present. Opened the present and it smelled as though I had just opened the can of Watco.

-wood2woodknot

Shellac.
Lacquer.
Not polyurethane.
The waterborne poly product is faster than the oil based, and may actually give the two primary candidates a run for the money.
Shellac- evaporative
Lacquer- evaporative
Polyurethane- reactive (A chemical reaction BESIDES evaporation of the solvent has to occur for it to be done.)
Waterborne polyurethane- coalescing (The resinous solids dispersed in the medium [mostly water] coalesce to bond to one another as the medium goes away i.e., evaporates. This is what happens with yellow glue as well.)
Did anyone suggest shellac???

Use the spray can. About the only thing about shellac over lacquer is that the shellac may raise the grain so you may have to deal with that. Lacquer out gases pretty quickly.

I also find water based poly works well also; doesn't dry as fast as shellac but still not too bad. The smell goes away really fast.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.