walnut
I sprayed some walnut reindeer with some Krylon Max clear finish and they turned white.I have sprayed other walnut items and they did the same thing,and I am wondering why this happened? Did I spray it too thick,did I not shake the can not long enough or is there something about walnut that is causing this? I should add that they did not completely turn white, some places quite heavy and the rest spotty. Stan (bgosh)
Walnut has a lot of tannic acid in it. It is likely interacting with one or more components—unfortunately the new "improved" SDS is useless here.

This is why it's important to test the finish schedule before aplying to the project. Shellac would be a much more friendly and easy to use finish while looking better. Particularly Garnet.
Where did you do the spraying? If it was cold and damp I'll be you got water trapped in/under the finish. I've had it happen a couple of times with rattle can lacquer. Supposedly you can fix the problem by spraying straight lacquer thinner on top, but that's not much of an option unless you have a spray outfit. The only other remedy I know is to strip it off and start over, and make sure it's fairly warm and dry when you spray.

John
SAME thing happened to me the other day on some wooden bowls. Ended up happening in the end grain mainly. So I sprayed some other rattle can finish to fill the pores and it fixed itself. Will not be using Krylon. Suggest trying VHT Quick Coat, great stuff.

I saw that you can use a heat gun to take moisture out of the finish. Did not work given my unique situation.

Jake
"Above all else, he's a happy woodworker, and he'll be laid in his coffin with the most unexplainable grin on his face for he has known he has lived." -Cian