Stocking Stuffer
Here's a little stocking stuffer for Christmas morning. Seems the ones my wife bought were forever falling apart. This one should be purt near indestructible. Ipe, emery cloth (fine and coarse) and West Systems epoxy. Buffed and waxed.

True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools
What is it for?
gjohn said:

What is it for?

It's a callus remover, for your feet.
True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools
That Ipe is it easy to work with?

It looks nice and thinking I would like to try turning it. Does it come in big pieces or just board sizes?

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Arlin Eastman said:

That Ipe is it easy to work with?

It looks nice and thinking I would like to try turning it. Does it come in big pieces or just board sizes?

Arlin

Hi Arlin

It is really dense, heavy and oily. But I did not have any problems hand sawing or working it with a rasp. I got a couple of nasty splinters, but that was my fault. When you cut it, the sawdust is a dusty green. As it ages, it turns that nice brown color you see in the picture.

I never have turned it, but it would probably turn fine. I got mine at a cabinetmakers shop that was shutting down and moving, so not really sure what sizes it comes in. This one was 5/4 stock, about 6' long and 6" wide. It's used a lot for decks, I think.
Just a caution, it is rated pretty high on the toxicity scale I believe. I built a 16'x16' deck with it and now I can't come near any dust from it. I break out in a rash and have respiratory issues. You might make one or two pieces and then have a problem so forewarned.
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
I was also told it is also high in silicates and so will be harsh on blades.

Nice work! Practical but elegant. I hope she was pleased.