A Two Year Project Completed
You may remember this wall cabinet project I've been working on, off and on, for nearly two years now.

I did it in phases because I didn't want to commit to doing it all and once, and because the person I did it for could spread out paying for it. Today, after nearly two years, I installed the last phase of the little cubbies and sliding mirror. Here's what the completed project looks like, as best I could photograph it with the poor light and not enough room to capture it all in one photo.

The shelves in the cubby unit are adjustable. I drilled typical 1/4" shelf pin holes but used straight 1/4" diameter aluminum rod for the pins and milled a 1/4"+ dado in the sides of the shelves. You put the pins in the holes and slide the shelf over the pins. That both hides the pins and prevents the shelf from tipping.

Thanks for looking.

John
Very nice, John. No doubt the customer is happy...both with the job and your willingness to do it on his schedule.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Very nice, John. Just in time for Christmas.
>>>> I drilled typical 1/4" shelf pin holes but used straight 1/4" diameter aluminum rod for the pins and milled a 1/4"+ dado in the sides of the shelves. You put the pins in the holes and slide the shelf over the pins. That both hides the pins and prevents the shelf from tipping. <<<<

Awesome idea!! The entire project looks to be really well executed typical of your work John. Happy holidays!

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Very nice!. Really nice touch with the shelf pins.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Nice work and design, John. A place for everything and everything in it's place.
The "D" shaped opening at the top shelf-side; is that a design element, or functional(letting light in from the window)?

Bob
"All that I do or say is all that I ever will be"

Billy Joe Shaver, Old Five and Dimers Like Me
That mouse hole in the top cabinet is actually for the resident queen - cat, so she can hop up there and look out the window. She was able to do that even before I installed the cubbies. It'll be easy for her now.

The basic design was the brain child of the owner. He's the only guy I do work for that can envision what he wants, and make realistic sketches. I just turned it into working drawings and then built it. I really like doing work for him, because it's more like doing work with him. We both like clean, simple lines; he's more MCM, I'm more Shaker or Euro modern, but there's a lot of similarity in simplicity of form with all of them. And once I finish one project he always has new one that he's been thinking about.

John
I've seen most or all the parts separately but it is so nice to see the whole thing together. It isn't easy to build built-ins as components from a remote location and staged over a couple years and have everything fit seamlessly together and also fit the space. Nice design and beautifully done. Ken
John

You really did a fantastic job there. I want to make a few cabinets for my shop and I do not even know how to make a drawer.

Hope I can get a DVD that shows how to do it.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Very nice work John.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW