Santa's workshop was a buzz
oakey said:

did you carve the heads or just purchase them ?

more sanding than carving, but yes I did them.
Thanks
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
VERY NICE
I believe you are going to have some very happy gift recipients

Nice job Santa.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Wow. Very nice work. Thank you for sharing.
Don

Those are really really nice buddy.

Me and those I teach really want to make some bandsaw boxes and you have some fabulous samples there.

We really could use any and all info, drawings, or templates on how to make them if you have the time to help us.

Also what kind of wood is it on the dresser? Kind of looks like Elm but never seen elm look like that and with the strong grain too.

Thank you so much for your time.

Arlin

O and what kind of blade too.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Thanks yall
Arlin, I don't use any plan for the bandsaw boxes, I glue up a block and sketch something right on the block. The only advice I could give is make sure you have a sharp blade and to square up your saw. Be very careful when sawing something taller than it is wide.
you can find videos for the basic how to make a bandsaw box. Start with something very simple till you get the basic concept. It really is easy but all the sanding sucks I use my edge sander and spindle sander as much as possible then vibrate and hand sand.
Did I mention sanding sucks.
the blade I use is a 3/16 x 14 tooth per inch.

The dresser you refer to is a lateral file cabinet made of curly red oak.
Thanks
Don's woodshop
Send the photos to Fine Woodworking. Some great stuff!
Don
Fantastic work

Beautiful work. I really like the Pepper Mills.

Oh, and Merry Christmas, Santa!
Larry B in Terrell, TX
Thanks every one.
The gifts were well received. Most people were afraid to take the Soma cube out of the box after the first two could not get them back in.
Don's woodshop