scrap wood galore
I have 3 5 gallon buckets of scrap wood ranging in a multitude of sizes and species. Can you please share pics of small projects to kick start my imagination. I promised myself to get this done before I use any more of the full size lumbers.
Thanks for the help
US Army retired.

"Even if one person gains from your knowledge, you have shaped a path for the future"
When all else fails and my bucket overflows -

Hopefully others will have useful suggestions.
3D reindeer, small bandsaw or other boxes, Stuff for desktops, iPod/ phone Holders.
How do you make the Flames so realistic?
Come down a couple of floors and visit the woodturning area.

Then, get yourself a lathe.

It is amazing just how small a scrap you can turn into a child's toy top, a finial, or a segmented something-or-other.

If that doesn't work for you, there is always cutting boards, cabinet-maker's mallets, wooden planes and spokeshaves, bow saws, and small boxes (including post office box banks).

Or, share some through SnS for the price of postage (postage plus $ if it is really interesting wood) and make it someone else's storage problem.

Flat-rate boxes of interesting wood would probably do well in next year's Christmas Auction as well. If they are big enough for pen blanks or bottle stoppers, you don't even need to cut them up to blank size for most of us. That would also let bidders compete over using them for pens or boxes.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
jussi said:

How do you make the Flames so realistic?

Dremel
You can glue them up into herringbone shape and make Rollers out of them.

I find I can not get enough scraps.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Between treenware, cutting boards, cheese slicers, bread boards, and all other kinds of kitchen wood projects I go through a ton of scrap. People love being gifted with the results too.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Cherry, oak, pecan, hickory and especially mesquite get used in the smoker and grill.

The others that aren't good for cooking get put in a can placed curb side and magically dissappear. I do that twice a week and it keeps disappearing and I'm left with an empty can. It's really pretty cool that it works so well. To test the majic curb fairy I even put a couch out once and it was gone when I got home its amazing...

Seriously the other stuff not for the grill I hang onto bigger pieces for jigs etc and every so often I clear out the bins into the garbage. Hard to keep track what you have in piex6es.
Cutting boards are fast and easy to make, and are always appreciated when given as gifts. Also I find my kids love using them as blocks, or gluing them together in random arrangements.