Larch
Is this a decent price? Would this be acceptable for a farm table? Looks like some fungus on one end of some. Looked up Larch, seems it is a pretty durable wood. https://syracuse.craigslist.org/mat/5355004178.html
Thanks for any help.
here is a desk I made out of western larch , If the wood is dry, not twisted, it may make a very pretty table.
A buck a bf isn't bad, the wood I used was destined for the fireplace.
Thank you, nice work. Maybe I will go check it out.
2x6x10 x 15 pieces is 150 bd/ft, so a buck a bd/ft for C grade Larch may or may not be the deal of the century. My biggest concern is the way it is bundled. If that is green wood, with no stickering to allow for proper air movement around the boards so they dry uniformly, if/when you pop that package open, it's liable to look like a pile of snakes. My history with C grade lumber, especially with that many knots is it tends to move a lot more than FAS lumber of the same species, and size.

But if you want a really country looking farm table? Maybe that would present a look you would want?
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Okay, someone has to post it:

The Larch
A retirement dedicated to fine woodworking and bad golf.
I was thinking the same thing about the way it is bundled, might be better suited for shipping crates etc.... Some of that stuff gets pretty twisted up. As you said Snakes.
If the boards have been at least air dried, before they where bundled up like that, and been stored under cover since, then the wood is probably fine. Might have a bit if surface dirt or mildew that will easily clean off.

If it was bundled up green, or has been left like that in the weather, then it's more risky, and hard to say what your will find.

Larch is a softwood, but it's one of the harder ones. No reason it wont work for a table, especially a "farmhouse" style one.