Walnut & Maple?
For a cutting board? Sound good? Finish?
What kind of glue? I have all 4 kinds of Titebond.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Herb

When I made mine I used Titebond III sanded it to 400 and put Mineral Oil on it.

I look forward to seeing what you made.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
They look fine together

But not near as good as if you add that little touch of something something to it.

TBIII is usually used in a wet situation. The boards really should never be submerged, but you can't control what some AR wife will do. Just know even using TBIII if the board is frequently submerged, it won't last long.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Walnut and oak shop stool seat:

I've been sitting on this one for at least ten years and it makes a good temporary table. Never has it ever come apart. I used Elmer's carpenter glue.
Rip to width. Plane to thickness. Cut to length. Join.
Walnut/maple with maple rim/handles. This is the tray to a opposite design cutting board(when you make one, you get two blanks, just opposite).
There are always epoxy and resorcinol glues. Don't really know about it being used for food contact.
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
Made these for Christmas presents this year. Walnut-Padauk-Hard Maple, 9-1/4 x 11-1/2, with Titebond III. Finish is a commercial mix of beeswax and mineral oil.

" />
Brian
Shop power by Powermatic, Shopsmith, Delta & Bosch.
those are PURTY