adhesive for attaching metal t-track to mdf
I'm making a router table top and I need an adhesive for attaching metal t-track to mdf. (I don't think very short screws will hold well to mdf) Any suggestions?

roger901
If the table top is just one thickness of mdf with a dado cut for the t-track, you will have problems. The top needs to be much thicker (or made of stiffer stuff), or it will sag.
Good judgement is the product of experience.
Experience is the product of poor judgement.
PaulC said:

If the table top is just one thickness of mdf with a dado cut for the t-track, you will have problems. The top needs to be much thicker (or made of stiffer stuff), or it will sag.

This.

I wouldn't glue T tracks down in any manner. Dado and small screws are sufficient.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

I agree with others abut top thickness, but gluing down the track cannot do anything but add stiffness. Epoxy is the right choice. Scuff up the outside of the track with 80 grit and glue it in with screws.

Ralph
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
PaulC said:

Three thicknesses of MDF...1/4, then 3/4, then 1/4...contact cement and screws between layers and them formica top with contact cement.

I'm also putting t-track on sliding panels on fence and optional panel above sliders on fence for featherboards...these places are where I'm thinking about adhesive for t-track since MDF is only 3/4 thick at these places.

toger901
Miracle glue gel is what I have used . Or epoxy will work . I like to think it absorbs into the mdf a little. Just doesn't sit on top.

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

For my table saw sled I used epoxy and it is doing very well. I used a piece of 3/4" Melimine for the sled so it will move across the bed of the table nicely and it does.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
You can use t-nuts instead of relying on woodscrews. I came into a large lot of #6 t-nuts I use for such purposes. However, I agree with others that a more substantial top is in order. If you do a thicker top, you can embed wood plugs or dowels at the screw locations and then use wood screws.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
Hey Roger, since this sounds like an 'already built to this point' situation, could you put thick battens across the table under where the t-track runs? It would stiffen the whole thing and give you something to drive screw into to secure the track. As long as it doesn't impinge on the space for the router...
Good judgement is the product of experience.
Experience is the product of poor judgement.
[blockquote]roger901 said:

I'm making a router table top and I need an adhesive for attaching metal t-track to mdf. (I don't think very short screws will hold well to mdf) Any suggestions?

roger901 [/quote

Bore holes for screws,bore thru the mdf.Glue and screw a batten ,the screw holes show you where.Now you can use longer screws to fasten the T track.If your table is under 16" wide and 24" long I would think one 3/4" layer of mdf is enough if you add battens. If you are not sure,add more battens or mdf.My router table is the above dimensions and has not sagged in 25+ years.I have several scrap 1x ? for battens
mike