Ceiling Mount Powercords
http://t.harborfreight.com/40-ft-retract...61558.html
I was wondering if any of you guys have had an experience with this cord reeler.I have looked at the Robo Cord but for what I would use it for I just can't justify the cost even though it gets great reviews.
My old boss always said you buy junk you get junk
Thanks
I have two ceiling mounted retractable power reels that I THINK I purchased at HF. They are about ten years old or so. Don't look like the one you posted.

They work just fine, except the receptacle part does not wear well. The one that gets used the most wore out so bad that a plugged in tool would not stay plugged in. Very annoying to say the least.
It got so bad, I picked up a replacement at Home Depot that has a "lock" button. End of problem. Works so
well the other one will get the same treatment when I get a round tuit.

Oh, as far as the triple tap feature goes, I had never used more than one anyway.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
I have This one from Northern Tool. Looks like a better option that the Harbor Freight one (12/3 compared to 14/3).
I've used several, mostly not a reel long life. A friend has the HF and liked it a lot, but his 5 year old got the end and ran with it . One thing to watch out for is that most of these are only fully rated if the cord is completely off the real.
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes
Don't have any experience with the particular model you're asking about, but these HF units have been hanging over my bench for fifteen years and no complaints so far. I swapped out the original air coupling because it finally wore out a few years ago, but now I can replace the coupling and not have to cut off the end of the hose.

Mike

I really appreciate all the input guys,I think I'll take a ride to HF sometime this month and look at them up close to make my decision.
I use a broom handle. About once a month. I've never had one fall out.
Al (doc1)
It's a long shot but check your local Lowes. They put the RoboReel extension cords and air hose on clearance a couple of months ago. They have both ceiling mounted and portable versions. I got one of each and absolutely love them. They have lots of cool features like motor driven wind, slows when it reaches the end to avoid whipping action, housing spins 360 degrees, and auto shut off if cord is cut. They're retail price is pretty high and only reason I didn't get one earlier but if you can snag a clearance one from Lowes it's worth it. Pic and video of it in action.

http://vid232.photobucket.com/albums/ee7...aybl9d.mp4
What was lowes price when they cleared them out?

Duke
http://m.lowes.com/pd/RoboReel-50-ft-15-...eaker/50281889=
No longer available in my area