I need to find where some brass or copper rivets are
to put handles on a few knives I have.

So what kind of rivets do you use and where do you buy them?

Also a link Please.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Hey Arlin,
You can just get some brass rod stock, drill through, add a section of brass rod then peen the ends. I don't believe you need special rivits.

Doug
ask in hand tools too.
“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

- Winnie the Pooh, as relayed through Author A. A. Milne
Arlin Eastman said:

to put handles on a few knives I have.

So what kind of rivets do you use and where do you buy them?

Also a link Please.

Arlin

I have used These before. They are called corby bolts. Basically like a cap screw except there is enough material to file away the slot after tightening to make them look like rivets.
Steve K

Shop Dad said:

Hey Arlin,
You can just get some brass rod stock, drill through, add a section of brass rod then peen the ends. I don't believe you need special rivits.

Doug

Doug

I did that a lot in the military if it was not for Aircraft repair, but I do not know if this would damage or split the wood.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

Steve

That is a good idea and kind of like the fasteners we used in the military on Air Craft called Stumpbolts and a few other fasteners.

Arlin

I've used these to make Fibonacci calipers. One piece fits into the other, they go in, but don't come out. You would want to countersink them into a knife handle.

Lee Valley brass rivets
Thank you Hairy. I was just given that link when I posted it in hand tools like was suggested.

I think they are just perfect for the job and any other future knives too.

Arlin

Arlin I just did a quick search for knife handle rivets. There's a ton of suppliers out there.
Here's one link of many:
http://www.knifemaking.com/category-s/75.htm
It looks like they have a wide variety of styles and should have something that will work for you.
Rodney
Thank you.

I posted this in hand tools also and they had this link there.

Arlin